Why offset your carbon as a conference?
Reducing your conference’s carbon footprint is a bit like re-cycling your waste – individually your efforts won’t make much difference globally, but if all conferences make an effort it will make a huge difference.
Conference organisers can reduce their carbon footprints by buying carbon offsets from an emission reducing project – this will reduce overall carbon emissions while improving the lives of the project beneficiaries, creating jobs, and alleviating poverty.
Reasons why you might want to reduce you conference’s carbon footprint by offsetting
- You wish your conference to present a green and sustainability focused image to its delegates for public relations or altruistic reasons
- To satisfy your sponsors and attendees
- In support of its Corporate Social Responsibility commitments
- To support a project of your choice and help its community
- To reduce your conference business’s carbon tax liability
- Because it makes business sense, for instance by attracting more delegates
What you will get
- A carbon credit retirement certificate, so your business can legitimately claim footprint reductions for public relations and corporate social responsibility purposes and support its low-carbon status with its customers
- A business account in the Credible Carbon Registry enabling you to manage and monitor your offsetting
- Access to the emission reduction projects and their audit reports
- Possible reduction in its carbon tax liability
Find out more about benefits
Calculate your carbon footprint