Call for papers: 2019 SAEEC Conference
The president of the board of the South African Energy Efficiency Confederation (SAEEC), invites members in good standing to submit an abstract for consideration to speak at the 2019 SAEEC Conference to be held on 14 and 15 November 2019 at Farm Inn, Silver Lakes, Pretoria.
2019 SAEEC aims to enable discussions around sustainability of resources by providing insightful discussions and information dissemination between small and large businesses so that economic development in the energy industry can be stimulated in Southern Africa.
Abstracts covering these five discussion themes in resource sustainability are welcomed for submission:
- Strategies for environmental change: Government activities, all about carbon, funding, grants, incentives, policies
- Energy nexus links: Energy, water, transport, food
- Sustainable generation and distribution: Renewables, alternative generation, smart grids, storage
- Fourth industrial revolution and energy: Internet of Things, technologies, industrial energy management
- The business of energy businesses: Energy services, project management, business finance, business case for energy, marketing, PR, writing skills
The SAEE is diversified across industries to which the topics should speak: industrial, commercial, institutional, parastatal and utilities, operating in the fields of energy engineering, energy management, energy services, resource sustainability, renewables and power generation.
Speakers will receive the following benefits
- Peer reviewed papers
- Access to plenary session
- Access to pre-booked breakaway sessions
- Access to exhibition area
- Access to conference catering
- Delegate bag and inserts
- Lanyard and folded programme
- Access to conference proceedings
- Networking and knowledge sharing
- Two AEE certification renewal credits for presenting the paper
- ECSA CPD points by SAIEE post event
Guidelines for speakers
Speakers will be
- Industry leaders from well-recognised organisations
- Innovators and decision makers with a proven track record, ready to share practical experience as well as theory
- Exceptional presenters
As delegates cannot fully benefit from lengthy oral presentations, we request that all presentations do not exceed 30 minutes and all presentations are to be in PowerPoint. The conference proceedings showcasing all our speakers’ presentations will be placed on the SAEE Confederation’s website after the event and the link will be distributed to all paid delegates.
Before the conference
- Submit a short biography (maximum 250 words). Please take note that this bio will be used to introduce you to conference delegates.
- Submit a PowerPoint presentation at the Speaker Registration Desk on-site at Farm Inn, Pretoria on the day of your presentation.
- Inform the event organiser of audio-visual equipment required for your presentation.
During the conference
- Adhere to the allocated time period of 30 min
- Adhere to the allocated topic
- Allow time for questions from delegates (10 min)
- Supply the necessary visual aids
- Adhere to no product promotion in your paper or presentation.
Speaker registration procedure
- Complete the speaker registration form by following this link.
- Include your 250 words biography.
- Email a head-and-shoulders colour photograph of yourself (high-resolution JPEG) as soon as possible to email@example.com
- A speaker confirmation letter with a 2019 SAEEC Conference programme will be forwarded to you two weeks prior the conference.
- Your PowerPoint presentation should be submitted to the conference organisers at the Speaker Registration Desk two hours prior to your presentation.
Speaker abstracts will be reviewed and considered by the Technical Programme Committee, which reserves the right to make recommendations for improvement.
Successful speakers will be invited to present their papers at the conference and have the benefit of full delegate attendance over the two days at no charge. Provided that submission deadlines are adhered to, and submission and the speaker’s SAEEC membership is in good standing at the time of the 2019 SAEEC.
Contact Franki Mc Kechnie, SAEEC, Tel 063 235-8031, firstname.lastname@example.org
The post Call for papers: 2019 SAEEC Conference appeared first on EE Publishers.
Source: EE plublishers